OK, so I know I’m not actually supposed to be posting to day (and I will write again on Sunday) but I just wanted to tell you guys that right now I am sooooo excited about our holiday abroad!!! We haven’t gone abroad in like….agggggggeeeeesssssssssss!!!! And we would normally go on holiday for just 1 week so I would normally pack clothes for each day, but this time we’re going for 2 weeks (Can you believe it??) and we will wash clothes there..I was kinda freaked out about whether i should pack for a week then wash everything, or…I dunno….But now I’m just casually freaking out by writing this. How I’ve packed is just put all my t-shirts and shorts in my suitcase with a pair of jeans and leggings…is that OK? Am I a terrible person? Sorry!! But here it’s 20:26, so about half 8, and I’m just annoyed because my toothbrush has just been staring me in the face saying ‘HA HA!! You can’t pack me until tomorrow!! SHAME!!!’ and then I’m just sitting there like..’I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!’ I’m also annoyed as I just had a shower but the towel I used I was supposed to pack. So now I have to wait for that to dry, plus my other trousers are still drying downstairs and I do not want to pack them in the morning!!
You may be thinking, what’s the big deal, can’t you just do this in the morning??
- Get up a little earlier,
- Have some tea (or whatever drink you have),
- And some breakfast,
- Finish packing (carefully slip your toothbrush into your suitcase),
- Go out and get some sweets for the journey,
- Choose what you’re going to wear,
- Pack the car,
- Then leave calmly.
Well I’ll tell you why we can’t do that! Do you think we can do that at….*brace yourselves* 3 AM?! NO. Here’s how it’ll go in reality!
- Finish packing,
- Get clothes for what you’re going to wear tomorrow,
- Bring all suitcases downstairs,
- CHARGE EVERYTHING,
- Wear the only thing you have left which is a weird blue t-shirt on some seriously odd orange shorts.
- Spend and hour deciding what to pack in a hand luggage thing for the car,
- Decide that you’ll just sleep instead,
- Forget the time while writing blogs,
- Make sure you go to bed at 10!
- Go to bed at 10,
- Stay on your phone till 11,
- Take 2 hours to actually get to sleep,
- Try to Google how to sleep on your phone,
- Now the light has woken you up spend half an hour trying to get to sleep again,
- Freak out about how you’ve wasted the battery on your phone and have already packed the charger,
- Soon enough it’s 2:30, supposed to get up now
Day of travel
- Wake up at 2:30 with half an hours sleep,
- Spend 15 minutes actually attempting to get up,
- Finally get up at 2:40,
- Get dressed while casually falling asleep every time your feet are not moving,
- Grab your hand luggage,
- Attempt to walk downstairs,
- Fall asleep on stairs,
- Get woken up my you mum trying to wake your brother,
- Carry on walking downstairs,
- Suddenly remember you have no snacks for the journey
- Remember that you forgot your phone,
- Get you phone from your room,
- Go to car which is packed to the point where from the backseat you can’t see the driver,
- Hope your dad driving isn’t as sleepy as you are for the car journey,
- Take 3 hours driving to the ferry,
- Meet cousins who are taking the same ferry to a different holiday,
- Remember that the cousins stayed in a B&B near the ferry which means they only had to get up at 5:00,
- Cousins try to hype you up,
- Long ferry ride (2 hours) with cousins still hyper (probably),
- In the last 15 minutes of ferry ride suddenly get very hyper and now you are wide awake!
- For the 6 hour car ride from the ferry to destination become very bored as you stupidly packed nothing useful in you hand luggage..(Seriously pen and paper I’ve taken this on every holiday I go on and haven’t used it once)
- Now very bored and suddenly very tired again as you come to your destination,
- Having to unpack the car,
- Family deciding it’s a good time to go on our 1st trip in France…
Yeah so sorry I kinda went overboard on the whole….umm…..yeah. Anyway…TA-DA!
This actually isn’t what it is going to be like this is just the worst situation that could happen. And after that took me half an hour to write I should probably finish packing….it is 9 after all…woops! BYE!